You are here2010 Summit
On May 1, 2010, leaders from across our regional food system gathered for a day-long summit and in-depth conversation about working together to create a sustainable, equitable, and healthy local food system.
Over 200 community members participated in the summit. Multnomah County Commissioner Judy Shiprack was joined by Chair Jeff Cogen and Congressman Earl Blumenauer in applauding our community's current efforts and commitment to the creation of a vibrant local food system in which all people thrive.
The day provided a great opportunity for sharing ideas and building new relationships, exploring the tremendous work already being done in our community, and laying the groundwork for a long-term action plan.
- Examine the existing conditions of Multnomah County's food system
- Celebrate the tremendous work already being done in our community
- Examine and build consensus on the framework for a long-term action plan
- Provide feedback and get involved in the next steps of the action plan development
- Hear from national leaders in the areas of food policy and social equity
- Network and build new connections across the food system